Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Komedya 2008


On the day after the Valentines Day (and my birthday), I took a break from the suffocating pressure of having to finish my thesis so that I can graduate this semester. It was lucky that the Komedya 2008 was still on. The Manila City Band was playing that night. They serenaded the audience with original Filipino music such as the captivating Kayganda ng Ating Musika, popular Ilocano song Pamulinawen (Ilocano song), and the heart warming Anak.

I actually thought that watching a band (as in the band we usually see in fiestas, composed of more than 30 people playing wind and percussion instruments) would be boring. I was surprised that I enjoyed it very much (my thesis partner did not though, but well, she isn’t a music enthusiast and wasn’t even able to appreciate Maroon 5 until I practically played each and every one of the alt rock band’s songs). It was also very well attended, and according to the man I talked to who was able to see the Komedya before, the past Fridays were jam-packed as well. Perhaps the admission being free helped a lot.

No comments: